Thursday, June 11, 2009

sometimes plans change

Favorite verses this week:
Psalm 121:1-8
I raise my eyes toward the mountains. Where will my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.

He will not allow your foot to slip, your Protector will not slumber. Indeed, the Protector of Israel does not slumber or sleep.
The Lord protects you; the Lord is a shelter right by your side.

The sun will not strike you by day, nor the moon by night.

The Lord will protect you from all harm; He will protect your life.

The Lord will protect your coming and going both now and forever!

Common theme here....The Lord is my Protector! He is the protector of my children, He is the protector of my life. He never sleeps...He's always there watching over me...so close that His feathers are covering me (Psalm 91:4)!! What great peace this brings to me...I love it!These flowers caught my eye this week growing at the edge of our woods. As beautiful as they are, they were covered with prickly thorns. I was determined to cut them and have the wounds to prove it! =) I love how they look in my favorite vase. The kittens are getting bigger and moving around more. They are getting cuter too. I caught Kaiya getting a closer look at them earlier this week. Today was supposed to be strawberry picking day, but the rain changed our plans...and boy did it pour! What to do with two busy little bodies that can't go outside? I put them to work. They were eager to help...asking over and over after they completed an assigned task "now what, mom?...what else do you want me to clean?" I thought to myself "this is going to take a lot longer", but to my delightful surprise we got the house cleaned in record time. One of their assignments today was unloading the dishwasher. Caedmon usually does this on his own, but I told them to work as a team on it this time since Kaiya needed something to do as well. Once again, in record time they completed the task. I was super impressed! Kaiya was a big help (from watching me more in the kitchen I guess)...and actually knows where things go better than her brother. I see this job being transferred to her in the near future. =)
Their reward for working so hard was homemade chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven in the afternoon. This is a sweet reward in this house because I don't usually keep a lot of sweets and baked goods around. Grandma's cookies show up now and then too, so don't feel too sorry for them. =) They get plenty! Caedmon keeps asking me if there are still cookies left in the freezer. I told him we were giving them all away to the neighbors =)...he asked "Can we make different ones for the neighbors?"

3 comments:

Cottonista said...

What fun helpers you have!

I love Caedmon's cleverly disguised "generosity." It reminds me of Owen, who wants to make treats "to take to Maw Maw." Uh-huh. After you eat a bunch!! ( :

Unknown said...

It is so great when your kids get old enough to help with the chores around the house..isn't it? It's so cool how you are teaching them to work.

Anonymous said...

love the verse you shared. love the theme. love the reminder of the peace this verse can bring. And I haven't felt TOO peaceful this week with life and all it's ups and downs, so, thanks for sharing. sending prayers and hugs.