Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Seven Months

I had Kevin shoot a few quickie photos to mark the seventh month milestone of my pregnancy. This month has been a "feel good" month with good energy and great enjoyment of my pregnancy. Although, it was during this month that reality hit me and I realized that the countdown is beginning. I also realized how much there was to do to get ready for this little guy...how quickly things were going to change and how much work was ahead of me with two babies to care for and a busy family to keep organized and running. I'm up for the challenge, but know it will be difficult. There is an amazing sense of peace in the midst of all the chaos. It's hard to explain. Just that I know this is what I was created to do and what I've always wanted...a family. I get this sense of joy even in the mundane and frustrations throughout my days as I'm helping with homework, packing lunches, sorting laundry or cleaning up the crumbs for the 100th time. And believe me, there are moments of stress and feelings of being overwhelmed because of all that is needed from me as a mom. I crash every night...exhausted. I've had my breakdowns too when I feel like I just can't be all that everyone needs...and that's when God tells me I don't have too...He is there...He is my strength...He will help me care for this family He has given to me. I I'm in love with you, my little man. Can't wait to hold you in my arms.Not sure what I was trying to portray here...guess the sassy hormones kicked in. :)Thirty week ultrasound.One of the many great joys of this pregnancy has been sharing it with my children...hearing their excitement and laughter when they feel him kick is just amazing.

6 comments:

Jen Bontrager said...

You look amazing, Sherri!

Guatmama said...

I just love these pics and this post. Sharing this pregnancy with you has been exhilarating, a true miracle.

Jessi said...

Love the pictures...Sherri, you look amazing!! So glad you have been feeling good. Wishing you the best these next couple months.

Wanita said...

Cute belly Sherri! And those kiddos!!! :) Also, very good pictures, love the colors.

Unknown said...

Awww...you are on the homestretch!! Can't wait to hold him too :) You look great Sherri. The colors are very good on you and the kids <3

Nicole said...

ahh amen sista I couldn't agree more with being a mama!! One of the greatest gifts and also one of the most challenging :) I have missed seeing you the last couple of weeks at church! Miss ya and can't wait to see that precious baby boy!!