Thursday, July 16, 2009

prayers for tomorrow

I've had the bassinet set up in our room since December. I've debated on whether to take it down many times and just in the past month decided that it's time. It's turned into a nightstand holding a collection of books, magazines & hair accessories...certainly not fulfilling the desired purpose I have for it. Last week we got a phone call from a local adoption agency that we've heard nothing from in the past year. Birth mothers look at several profiles and choose two. We were chosen as one of the two last week from a birth mom. The birth mother will meet both families and choose one. Our meeting with her is tomorrow.

Please pray for us. Pray that we would be able to answer her questions clearly...that she would get a good understanding of who we are and what we believe. Pray for God's will to be done in this little baby's life whether it be us that she chooses or the other family.

The bassinet will stay up at least one more day.
Friday Update: Thanks for your prayers!! We thought the meeting went pretty well with the birth mother...although that doesn't say a whole lot. She met with the other family yesterday. I got a call this afternoon from the agency...I thought for sure by the sound of the director's voice that she had chosen the other family. He called to say that she is having a hard time deciding between the two families and wants to take the weekend to think it over. Please pray for Jo...that she would feel at peace about her decision.

7 comments:

Cottonista said...

Whoa!! Thanks for posting. We will certainly be praying! Please let us know.

Jenn said...

Praying for peace and patience for you and that Jo would feel at peace with her decision. May the Lord's perfect plans be fulfilled!

cheryl said...

I'm sure you don't know answers yet, but I've been wondering and praying. I hope it went well.

Guatmama said...

I am praying, especially for you as you wait and bm as she decides...
i would love to see that bassinet filled in the Lord's timing...

Nicole said...

you bet girl we will be praying!!! I just emailed you to ask you about this so disregard my email :) Have fun on your vacation and see ya thursday!

Unknown said...

Sherri...I just talked to Ruby this morning who shared this great news about the meeting. I didn't know that you would know an answer so soon from the birth mom. HOW exciting and nerve racking!!! I will be praying friend. LOVE YOU! Please call when you know.

Anonymous said...

ooooohhhhh, I just saw your blog. I'm sure this weekend has been an emotional one....I'm praying so hard for you guys right now and will continue to do so!!