Tuesday, March 20, 2012

One

Deacon's one-year photos were taken recently. I hired a photographer this time instead of taking them myself. So nice to sit back and let someone else take them instead of me...although I still love it. She did a wonderful job. His personality was captured so well. When we got there, he was shy...clinging to his mama with a tight grip. The above photo shows his apprehension so well. LOL.

The more photos she took, the more he relaxed and we even got some smiles after awhile. :) He loves his mama, and I'm a-ok with that. I'm just loving this stage. He's becoming more independent, but still needs me. He began walking at thirteen months. We worked and worked with him, thinking he would follow suit with his older three siblings who all walked at age one. I think he had good reason to wait till he felt more confident. I mean with everyone flying by him, going to and fro...it was a little scary for him. :) When he decided to go, he went and now he's running it seems.

Now he's really feeling comfortable!
This little booger has always eaten LIKE A BIRD...from the moment he was born! It take lots of extra effort and encouragement from mama at mealtime it seems. Funny thing is, he won't refuse ice cream, cake, candy & cookies. :) He is growing though which is good.

Grandma's favorite pose. :)
Deacon has been our earliest talker and it still amazes me how much he can say and what he trys to repeat. He favorite words lately have been: juice, tractor, book, please, thank you, candy, more, ball, mom, daddy, night night, bye bye, no, all done, Kaiya, shoes, outside, go, ears, nose, duck, hi and so on. :)His fear of strangers has all of a sudden gone away which I'm grateful for. He walks himself into the nursery like a big boy now.
He's tall and skinny. His pants don't stay up. It's not unusual at all to see him come around with his pants missing all of a sudden. He LOVES going outside. It's been such an amazing Spring and so nice to be able to go outside a lot lately. He cries and throws a fit when it's time to go in. He brings me his shoes and cries "shoes shoes shoes". He loves to go bye bye and cries and reaches his little arms up to daddy when daddy goes to work. He plays so well with his sister, Luca. She likes to be in control, but he's starting to voice his opinion too. :)He loves to read books and will bring them to me and back his little bottom up to sit on my lap. His favorites right now are the truck book and Easter lift the flap book. He's wearing size 12 month pants and 12-18 month shirts. And tiny butt is still in size 3 diapers. My sweetness, what a year it has been! It has not been an easy year. The miracle of you has been what has really gotten me through each day. I look at you everyday and still can't believe you are here...a wonderful surprise straight from God. I'm so grateful for your sweet little personality. I love how you lay your head on my shoulder when you wake up in the mornings. I love your sweet and juicy lover boy kisses! You melt my heart sweet baby boy. I love how you giggle from your gut when I chase you around the house on my knees. I love how easily you go to sleep in your crib and sleep all through the night.
I love your big baby blue eyes, your soft blonde hair and your baby soft skin. I love how you smell. I love how it seems you have no fears right now. You let the dogs that are three times your size lick your face. You just push them away. I love how you love your daddy so much. I love how you say "hi" in a low gravelly voice when I go into your room to get you out of your crib. I love you sweet baby. You are a treasure.

2 comments:

Grandma Ruby said...

This is just a very precious post. Love it very much. What a blessing is this little blueberry-eyed boy to your home and hearts! We love you, Deacon!
From Grandpa & Grandma B.

Cottonista said...

What a cutie!!! I can't wait to see him again. As far as skinny little butts go, Jack never got out of size three diapers! He was potty trained soon after he turned two.