Friday, July 30, 2010

ultrasound day

I've had two ultrasounds up to this point...each one was an amazing gift and proof that there really is a little life growing inside me. Each time I felt like it wasn't me lying there, but someone else. As I anticipated the next ultrasound, I had butterflies in my stomach. This was a biggie...more detailed. They would be checking the baby more closely...looking for abnormalities or possible complications. This would be when we could find out the sex of the baby if we wanted to. It was so much to absorb and anticipate....extreme excitement and deep concern and longing that all would be OK. All mixed together, these thoughts can stir up a variety of emotions.
The day had finally arrived. Kevin was with me. I was pretty quiet and reserved the whole morning. And then there on screen is our baby...looking so much bigger than the previous ultrasounds. We can see a little nose, eyes, ears, tiny toes, legs moving and kicking, fingers wiggling around and popping in a little mouth to be sucked on...a tiny heart beating. Amazing...absolutely amazing to see God fearfully and wonderfully knitting together this tiny little miracle. And then, the ultrasound tech quickly searched down by the legs to see if we would be adding a little boy or a little girl to our family. She said it was quite obvious as you can see. :) Kevin and I immediately broke out in a joyous laughter and the tears began to flow. Another son, would join this family of ours...a son.Sharing the news with the kids was quite an excitement. Kaiya thought it was a girl and Caedmon was really hoping for a boy. I love the look on his face when he hears the news for the first time.




Coming December 2010...Another boy will enter this family and we are ready to welcome him with open arms.

5 comments:

Jen Bontrager said...

"It's gonna be fair!" I love it!

Jessi said...

How cute...loved it!!!

Nicole said...

Oh I LoVe It!!! The video was hilarious and made me cry as well!! #1 it looked like a scene right out of our house! With Dawson running back and forth back and forth and Branson jumping in front of the camera :) I loved it, it gave me a good laugh!! and #2 their reaction was so priceless!! I love Caedmon saying it is fair!! I can't wait to show my boys this video!! What a great idea, and I can't wait to hold that precious little boy this december!!!

Unknown said...

Our whole family just watched this video!!! We all loved it. :) :) What a great way to capture their reactions Sherri. Wish we would've thought of that. You will watch that for years to come and always remember that special moment!!!

Guatmama said...

Wonderful news, planned years ago by GOD!