Monday, November 19, 2007

Oh Deer

My brother-in-law, Clint, shot a buck on our property a couple of weeks ago. Caedmon got to go along to track the deer and watch the gutting process. It was after dark, and I wasn't sure how he would do, but he came back all wide-eyed and super excited and said "mom, we shot the deer!"

This past Saturday we had four hunters on our property for the opening day of gun season. They saw a few, but no one took a shot. I had pumpkin pancakes waiting for them when they came in. Here's the recipe:

2 comments:

krista said...

Do we get the recipe for pumpkin pudding? You are so festive!

Unknown said...

Cute picture of Cademon with his Uncle. What an experience for him to see...I'm sure he loved it!! The pumpkin pancakes sound wonderful...it is very simular to the recipe I have, but hardly use.